Informa has reached agreement with Charterhouse Capital Partners and other shareholders to acquire Tarsus, the leading international B2B group, for an initial enterprise value of $940m. The Informa Board believes the combination is both commercially and financially compelling, with strong portfolio alignment that will deliver enhanced value for customers, additional opportunities for colleagues and attractive returns for shareholders.
Tarsus owns and operates a portfolio of 160+ Live and On-Demand B2B Event brands, with a focus on growing, specialist B2B markets with fragmented supply chains and high levels of innovation. Since 2019, when Tarsus plc was acquired by Charterhouse, the Tarsus portfolio has been expanded and enhanced through 24 new launches and 11 targeted acquisitions. Like Informa, Tarsus is seeing a similar strong return to the market for Live and On-Demand B2B Events in 2023. The Tarsus business also significantly benefits from biennial events in odd numbered years. The Informa and Tarsus portfolios are complementary, both geographically and by market category, strengthening Informa’s position across a number of verticals including:
- Beauty & Aesthetics: A4M, LiVDerm, South Beach Symposium
- Healthcare: Health Connect Partners, PAINWeek, Cardiometabolic Health Congress
- Packaging: LabelExpo (US, Mexico, Europe, China, Thailand, India)
- Infrastructure: Intertraffic, Rail+Metro, Infrastructure Connect, Cambuild
- Aviation: Dubai Airshow, MEBAA Show, Space Tech Expo
- Sustainability: Intersolar, Mexico Wind Power, Aquatech Mexico
- Homewares: Home Furnishing Expo Shenzhen (Hometex), Zuchex
- Fashion: SIUF Show, OFFPRICE
Three are the key objectives to meet by January 2024 according to the combination programme:
- Deliver: Maximise 2023 performance, minimizing disruption and distraction in what is a key year of return, growth and acceleration for Live B2B Events;
- Discover: Make growth-focused people, brand and business combination decisions;
- Combine: Ensure the portfolios enter 2024 successfully, operating as one company under the Informa brand.
”We have long admired the Tarsus business which, like Informa, has been built around major brands in attractive, specialist B2B markets in the growing regions of Asia, China, the Middle East and the Americas”, said Stephen A. Carter, Group Chief Executive, Informa.
”I am extremely proud of the Tarsus business, our people and our customers. I could not think of a better partner than Informa to lead our brands and colleagues through the next phase of growth and expansion”, said Douglas Emslie, Chief Executive, Tarsus.
”We are proud to have supported Tarsus’ development since 2019 and are confident that Informa is exceptionally well placed to deliver the next stage of the company’s growth strategy. We look forward to becoming a shareholder”, said Robert Leeming, Partner at Charterhouse