On November 8th, the Italian Packaging Institute dedicated an international conference to the world of adhesives, with interventions by leading companies and institutions in the sector, and in-depth analysis on the safety and food aspects of this type of “consumable”. A type of product destined to play an increasingly important role in the production of flexible packaging that follows the major market trends.
The conference, whose second edition is already scheduled for next year, touched on a series of key issues and indicated the direction that R&D teams are pursuing for some of the major players on the market. Moreover, it was an opportunity to disseminate a precious and meticulous work of mapping international standards and rulings – which constitute a universe that is nothing short of varied – which export-oriented packaging producers have to take into account. We thank Dr. Hazel O’Keeffe from the law firm Keller and Heckman and the Italian Packaging Institute for authorizing us to publish it for the benefit of our readers.
The program and speakers 2018
After the welcome given by Anna Paola Cavanna, the highly active President of the Italian Packaging Institute, we listened to the introduction of the chairman Jürgen Wichelhaus (FEICA) and the subsequent reports entitled:
- MOSH-MOAH Analysis on new range Technomelt Supra Pro (Valentina Zanni, Henkel Italy);
- Sustainable solutions for the packaging industry (Karl-Heinz Schumacher and Andrea Sergio, Basf Italy);
- Screening in FCMs: NIAS and adhesives (Andrea Cassinari, Giflex);
- New aliphatic adhesives as a safe solution for retort packaging (Sergio Doldi, COIM SpA;
- Overview of the world legislation on adhesives (Hazel O’Keeff, Keller and Heckman);
- Food safety approach by the adhesive industry (Alexandra Roβ, HB FULLER + FEICA Technical Working Group Paper & Packaging)
- Risk assessment applied to adhesives – Value of cooperation along the Supply Chain (Maurizio Bonuomo, Ircpack).